Effective Date: May 8, 2023
Information We Collect
Our Sites (hereinafter defined) collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (" personal information"). Personal information does not include: publicly available information from government records or deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
Most of the information we have collected has been collected in the context of providing commercial and industrial building products, such as roll up and swing doors, hallway systems, re-locatable storage units, as well as facility and door automated technology products and services and is therefore not subject to the Privacy Act. We also collect personal information relating to California residents in other contexts, including in connection with our marketing activities, our websites, and mobile applications (collectively, the "Site(s)").
In the past twelve 12 months, we have collected, and disclosed to third parties for our business purposes, the following categories of personal information, as defined in the Privacy Act, relating to California residents:
|Privacy Act Category
||A real name (first and last), postal address, unique personal identifier – tenant identification information, unit identifier, online identifier, internet protocol ("IP") address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
||Contact and financial information, name, signature, address, telephone number, insurance policy number, bank account number, credit/debit card number, or any other financial information.
|D. Commercial information.
||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|E. Internet or other similar network activity.
||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with the Sites.
|F. Geolocation data.
||Device location or movements and Internet Protocol (IP) location.
|G. Sensory data.
||Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.
|H. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
||Certain inferences reflecting a person's preferences and characteristics in different Janus products and services.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
|Directly from you
||Credit applications, contracts, interactions with our Sites, transactions, customer services communications.
||Passive collection of info about customer's interactions, including page clicks, time spent, or other automatically collected meta-data
|Third parties that you have authorized or directed to share your information with us
||Payment processors, lenders, retailers, resellers, credit management programs.
||Software providers, marketing and advertising providers, data analytics providers, communication providers, IT service providers, customer service providers, debt collectors, payment processing providers, credit management providers.
||Companies related by common ownership or control.
|Government or public sources
||Public data published by state or federal governments.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment, facilitate delivery, and provide maintenance to your account. We may save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Sites, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Site experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Sites, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Sites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Sites, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the Privacy Act.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality to the Sites.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties for an authorized business purpose:
- Service providers.
- Third parties with whom you authorized to direct or share information.
- Government entities and others with whom we share information for legal purposes.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the above listed categories of personal information for a business purpose to one or more of the above listed categories of third parties.
Sales of Personal Information
In the past twelve (12) months, we have not disclosed personal information relating to California residents (including minors under the age of sixteen (16)) in a manner that we consider a sale within the meaning of the Privacy Act.
Your Rights and Choices
The Privacy Act provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your Privacy Rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, disclosure of, and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months, and we will do so upon receipt and confirmation of your verifiable consumer request. These rights include the right to know (i) the categories of personal information we have collected from you; (ii) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (iii) the categories of your personal information we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose; (iv) the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and (v) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Correction Request Rights
You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we have collected and retain.
Exercising Access, Correct, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above or want to correct or update your information, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at (770) 562-2850 and asking for the Legal or Information Technology Department.
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing us at the following address: Janus International Group, LLC, 135 Janus International Blvd. Temple, GA 30179 Attn: Legal Department
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. When submitting the request, please ensure the legally authorized individual is identified as an authorized agent.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a twelve (12) month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative. We may do so by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to an additional 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Opt-Out Rights / Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You have the right to opt out of the "sale" of their personal information. However, we do not sell your personal information to third parties for profit or monetary or other valuable consideration, and therefore we do not provide opt-out request processes for the sale of personal information (because we do not undertake such activities).
Opt-Out Rights / Do Not Share My Personal Information
You have the right to opt out of the "sharing" of their personal information. We use third-party analytical and targeted advertising features on our Site and similar web tools provided by our marketing partners, and such features, tools and marketing relationships involve the disclosure of your personal information to third parties and may constitute the "sharing" of your personal information for CCPA purposes. To opt out of this sharing of your personal information in these circumstances, please click on the cookie management tool (sometimes visible as a "Your Privacy Choices" or a "Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information" link on the footer of the Site) to set your cookie preferences. You, or your authorized agent, may also contact us in accordance with the "Contact Information" section listed below.
Limit Use of Sensitive Personal Information.
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for reasons other than those set forth in the CCPA, and therefore we do not provide individuals with the ability to limit how we use or disclose such sensitive personal information.
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Other California Privacy Rights
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Sites following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Phone : (770) 562-2850
Email : email@example.com
Janus International Group, LLC
Attn: Legal Department
135 Janus International Blvd.