This article instructs first time users on how to download, log in, access a unit, share a digital key, and troubleshoot the Storage Smart Entry mobile app.
You can download the mobile app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Search for Storage Smart Entry, and then download it just like you would any other app.
Setting Up Your Storage Smart Entry Mobile App
Accessing your new storage unit is fast and easy using the Storage Smart Entry mobile app by Nokē.
Simply read on to follow the steps for new tenants:
- First steps for new tenants
- Accessing your storage unit
- Sharing your digital key
- Tips and tricks
First Steps for New Tenants
- Immediately after renting your unit, you’ll receive an automated text message from the facility.
- Click the link in the message to download the Storage Smart Entry mobile app and log in.
- Log in using your phone number as your username, and the 6-digit PIN (activation code) provided as your temporary password.
- After logging in, the app prompts you to create a new password of your own.
- If prompted, tap OK twice to allow the Storage Smart Entry mobile app to access both Bluetooth and Location Services.
Note: Bluetooth must be turned on in your smartphone’s settings as well as permission granted for the Storage Smart Entry mobile app in order to access your unit.
You can also download the mobile app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. Just search for Storage Smart Entry. Or, you can click here: http://noke.app.
Accessing Your Storage Unit
To access your storage unit,
- Open the Storage Smart Entry mobile app.
- Tap the LED light on the Nokē smart lock to “wake” it up.
- Once the smart lock is “awake”, the unit icon on your app will highlight.
- Tap the highlighted icon to open the door or entry point.
- Finally, slide the hasp to the open position, and then lift door.
Note: You’ll need WI-FI or a cellular signal to authenticate upon opening the app. Add digital key links at bottom.
Sharing Your Digital Key
It’s easy to help a trusted friend or family member access your storage unit by sending them a digital key through the Storage Smart Entry mobile app.
To share your digital key,
- Tap Share Access in the top right-hand corner of your Storage Smart Entry mobile app.
- Enter the shared user's phone number, and then click Next.
- Select a unit to share, and then click Next.
- From the pop-up menu, select a time limit.
- Click Yes. The new shared user will receive an automated text message with a link to the Storage Smart Entry mobile app, and your digital key which grants them access to the unit.
Tips and Tricks for First Time Tenant Mobile App Users
Accessing your smart storage unit is simple and intuitive, but here's a few tips anyway.
To check other settings,
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on in your phone’s settings. If you have an iPhone, there are two places to enable Bluetooth: In Settings under Bluetooth, or by going to Settings and scrolling down to the Storage Smart Entry mobile app and turning Bluetooth on there.
- Make sure Location Services is turned on in your phone’s settings. (Android Only)
- If accessing an elevator, make sure to click on the icon in the app before selecting the floor on the elevator.
- No cell signal? Make sure to connect to the facility’s WIFI or authenticate your mobile app while you still have a signal. Once you have the mobile app open and authenticated, you’ll still be able to access your unit even if you lose signal.
- Forgot your password? You can reset your password by tapping Reset Password on the login screen.
Something Else Not Working Right?
Try these troubleshooting tips.
To try other solutions,
- Check your app version to make sure you are up-to-date by searching Storage Smart Entry in the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Log out of the mobile app and log back in.
- Turn Bluetooth off and back on again.
- Restart your phone.
- Need more help? Click the (?) icon in the top-left corner of your Storage Smart Entry mobile app.
Click below to view tutorial(s):How to Navigate the Mobile App