How to set up your facility to allow tenants to share access to their units with facility managers and employees.
There are several reasons why tenants might want to share access to their units with storage facility employees. Some tenants receive package deliveries to the storage facility that need to be placed in their unit by the storage facility employees. Or they might need to share access to their units for maintenance purposes.
To do this, you must turn on the Allow Manager Shares setting for the facility. In addition, you'll need to assign the Open Manager Shares permission's user role levels for storage facility employee access. Finally, your tenants that want to allow employee access to their units will need to share access to employees from their Nokē Storage Smart Entry mobile app.
The Open Manager Shares permission allows the manager (and other non-tenant roles defined by the facility) access to units shared with management by tenants.
These are the default roles in the Web Portal:
- Company Manager Authority Level (Very High)
- Facility Manager Authority Level (High)
- Employee Authority Level (Medium)
How It's Done
This is a three step process:
- Allow Manager Shares for the facility.
- Define the Open Manager Shares permission's user role access for employees.
- Share access with Site Employees.
Attention: Contact Nokē Support to perform this task, if you or your tenants cannot share access to units.
To Allow Manager Shares for the facility,
- From the Web Portal, click Settings > Facility.
- Scroll to Employee Settings.
- Click the Allow Manager Shares drop-down, and then click On.
To define the Open Manager Shares permission's user role access for employees,
- From the Web Portal, click Settings > Roles & Permissions.
- From the Roles & Permissions page, locate the Open Manager Shares permission.
Tip: Use the Search feature in the top right corner and type share.
- Click the check box to assign the Managers Share permission, and then define which user roles to allow access to units from the Roles list.
To Share Access with Site Employees,
- Log in to the Nokē Storage Smart Entry mobile app.
- Tap Share Access in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Share Access with Site Employees.
- Select the unit(s) to share access with this person, and then tap Yes.
- Open Manager Shares