How to reset a lost password or resend an activation code for a tenant, if the code has expired or if it was not received.
Sometimes your tenants will not receive the activation link to set up their Storage Smart Entry mobile app accounts. On most occasions, their link has expired due to inaction. Or, if they signed up with an email address, the link will go to their junk mail account and get accidentally deleted.
Also, a tenant can forget her login password and will require a new temporary password to regain access to her account. There is a Forgot Password? or Resend Code link on the Login screen of tenant mobile app, but you can resend an activation link as well. All three methods require the user to create a new password.
You can easily remedy these temporary inconveniences by resending an activation link from the Web Portal. The activation link provides a temporary 6-digit password/code and a URL link to download the Storage Smart Entry mobile app by Nokē.
To resend a tenant activation link,
- Log in to the Web Portal and click the Users tab.
- Click the Search field in the top-right corner and enter the user's name.
- On the Users row, click the ellipsis (...) on the far right side to display the pop-up menu, and then click Activate Account.
- The user will receive a text with an activation link to download the app and a temporary 6-digit password.
- After the user downloads the app, logs in with a mobile number, and enters the temporary password, she will be required to create and confirm a new password.